The AVS RM50M is the latest model in the AVS clip on rear view mirror LCD monitor range. This monitor clips over the factory rear view mirror in your car for a non-invasive installation.
When the car is put in reverse the camera image comes up on the screen. Otherwise it works like a normal rear view mirror. One of the advantages of this model is it has has a highly reflective face so looks like a factory rear view mirror when the camera image is not showing.
Another advantage is the larger 5″ LCD screen provides a higher resolution, bigger camera image while the physical size of the monitor is the same as most 4.3″ models.
It also has dual video inputs so the monitor can be connected to a camera and other video source (such as an in-car DVD player) or to a second camera.
The RM50M LCD monitor features:
- High resolution colour monitor with larger 5″ LCD screen
- The monitor simply clips over your factory rear view mirror
- Superior build quality with highly reflective mirror
- When the vehicle is in reverse gear the mirror will automatically switch to display the camera image in the centre of the mirror
- 2x auto-switching RCA video inputs so the monitor can be connected to a camera and other video source (such as an in-car DVD player) or to a second camera
- Adjustable display settings
- Micro plug for easy installation
- Will accept both PAL and NTSC format cameras
- Suitable for 12 volt vehicles
- One year product warranty when professionally installed
- Connect to any AVS RCA camera (or use an adaptor to connect to a 4-pin heavy duty AVS camera)
- Dimensions: 275 x 90 x 25mm, mounting clips 20mm deep
Note: normal driving precautions should always be used even with a camera and monitor fitted.