Parking sensors are an affordable and effective way to improve safety around your vehicle. Whether you are going backwards or forwards there are many hazards which can cause damage to either your car or someone else’s property. And most importantly parking sensors can help detect a person or animal around the vehicle that you may not have seen.
For all round safety choose a set like this one which includes sensors for both the front and rear bumpers.
The rear sensors come on automatically when the vehicle is in reverse gear and an adjustable buzzer warning will escalate the closer the car gets to the object. Not only will these sensors assist with the blindspot behind the vehicle they help make parking a breeze!
The front sensors come on automatically if there is an object less than a metre from the front bumper when you put your foot on the brake pedal. These sensors help you park if can’t see the front of your bumper or your find it hard to judge the distance between your bumper and an obstacle in front of the car.
The AVS RS8B 8 parking sensor set includes:
- 4x black ultrasonic sensors for the rear bumper which come on automatically when the vehicle is put in reverse
- 4x black ultrasonic sensors for the front bumper which come on automatically (and stay on for 10-seconds) if the front bumper is less than a metre from an object when you press the brake pedal
- An optional switch can be installed if you would prefer the front sensors to be manually turned on/off
- Your installer can arrange for the sensors to be colour matched to your car for a factory finish
- Escalating buzzer audio warning with adjustable volume
- The rear sensors have priority
- Long 7 metre cable run for the front sensors and 2.5 metres for the rear sensors
- Can be used as a front only set if required
- Waterproof connectors allow the sensors to be detached for servicing or vehicle repair
- Suitable for 12 volt vehicles
- One year warranty when professionally installed
- Sensor mounting hole: ∅ 22mm
Note: parking sensors are an aid only and may not detect all possible objects. The warning distance varies depending on the vehicle and type of object. Normal driving precautions should always be used even with parking sensors fitted.